TEXCOCO, MEXICO: CIMMYT is seeking a Program Manager for their Global Wheat Program. Deadline to apply is Feb. 25. According to the position description listed on the CIMMYT web page, they are seeking a dynamic, self-motivated and service-oriented professional for the position of Program Manager to lead the design and implementation of project management and administrative processes and procedures within the Global Wheat Program (GWP) at CIMMYT. The position will report to Dr. Hans Braun, the Director of GWP.
The position will be based at CIMMYT's Main Campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico (located 45 km NE of Mexico City) but will interact with other CIMMYT offices arond the world on a regular basis.
• Oversee all administrative tasks within the Global Wheat Program.
• Prepare annual budgets for program in cooperation with Program Financial Administrator and Finance Dept.
• Facilitate, in coordination with project leaders, development of project proposals, project reporting and financial reports within the program.
• Coordinate the development of impact-oriented, realistic workplans among scientists of the program and support their effective implementation, aligned with available resources and priorities, in close cooperation with the Program Director.
• Prepare and execute agreements (subcontracts, collaboration agreements) with major R&D partners and investors in collaboration with CIMMYT's Project Management Unit, the Legal Depatment Unit and the Finance Department.
• Support Program Director in managerial decisions.
• Monitor and report on utilization of program budget and commitments on a monthly basis to facilitate informed decision making.
• Provide guidance in Human Resource management.
• Actively participate in CIMMYT-wide Program and Project Management Working Group to compare, define and implement best practices.
• Coordinate annual meetings of the Program.
• Advise and mentor Project Managers and Administrators hosted within the Program.
• Perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
More details are available on the position description on the CIMMYT website, position 16815 Wheat Program Manager.
The position is for an initiatl fixed-term for three (3) years, after which further employment is subject to performance an dthe continued availability of funds. CIMMYT's internationally competitive salary and benefits include housing allowance, car, comprehsensive health and life insurance, assistance for children's education, paid vacation, annual airfare, contribution to a retirement plan, and generous assistance with relocation shipment.
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT, is a not-for-profit research and training organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to their website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
Candidates must apply here for 16815 Wheat Program Manager no later than Thursday, 25 February 2016.
Incomplete applications (CV, Cover Letter) will not be taken into consideration.
Cover Letter should refer explicitly to the essential qualifications, skills, and competencies stated above.
For further information on the selection process, please contact Daniel Ixtla, at email@example.com
This position will remain open until filled. Women are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer.
It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity.